WGAHK 2019 Scholarship Guidelines to Applicants
Warwick Graduates’ Association Hong Kong (WGAHK) announces that WGAHK Scholarship valued at HK$40,000 will be awarded to a candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Has accepted an offer to an undergraduate program in any subject area at the University of Warwick for the academic year 2019/20
- Is a new entrant to the University of Warwick (Continuing students are not eligible to apply)
- Is a permanent resident of the Hong Kong SAR
- Note: WGAHK Scholarship is open to candidate of ALL subject areas.
In order to be considered for the WGAHK Scholarship a candidate must:
- Have submitted an application to a Warwick undergraduate program and received an offer (conditional or unconditional). Candidates holding conditional offers should demonstrate that all the conditions have been fully fulfilled as at the date of application.
- Sign and return a completed WGAHK 2019 scholarship application form before the deadline.
- Submit a reference by a former or current tutor/employer (Section B of Application Form).
Candidates will be evaluated based on aspects that include:
- Academic Credentials (As a guideline, the following standard is expected (but not absolute) from different qualifications):
A-level 28 points from three A-Levels (A=10, B=8, C=6 pts etc) International Baccalaureate 36 points Diploma of Secondary Education (Hong Kong)
- For candidates with three electives: Level 555 in three electives, with no less than 3 in any other subjects except Chinese
- For candidates with two electives: Level 55 in both electives plus Level 5 in two cores (excluding Chinese), and no less than 3 in any other subject except Chinese
Foundation Course All academic subjects passed with distinction Higher Diploma Passed with Distinction Bachelor degree Upper Second class honours
- Extra-curricular activities & achievements e.g. Sports, Music, Public Speaking, Art, Drama
- Contributions to the Society e.g. Voluntary work, Social services etc
- Personal qualities
The application form can be downloaded from www.warwick.org.hk. The closing date of the scholarship application is 30th August 2019 (date as postmark, or date and time as 23:59 HKT as shown on the email upon receipt). Late submissions will NOT be considered.
Completed application forms should be returned to:
The WGAHK Scholarship Selection Committee will shortlist candidates based on the above aspects. Short-listed candidates will be invited to attend a panel interview to be held on 7th September 2019 at the University of Warwick (Hong Kong Office) (venue to be advised).
The scholarship will be deducted from the successful candidate’s academic fees for the first year of study at the University of Warwick. WGAHK will contact the Warwick Academic Office for enrollment verification of the scholarship winner upon which the award will be sent directly to the Office of Student Accounts. If the original scholarship winner fails to register at Warwick or in any event deregistered from Warwick within the academic year, WGAHK may award the scholarship to another candidate.
|Mr. Henry Wong||WGAHK Vice-Chairman (Scholarship)||email@example.com|
|Ms. Louanne Wong||Warwick Undergraduate Counsellor||2525 4604 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Timetable for the WGAHK 2019 Scholarship Application
|30th August 2019 Friday(midnight)||DEADLINE OF APPLICATION|
|31st August 2019 Saturday||Panel Meeting: Screening and shortlisting candidates|
|2nd September 2019 Monday||Notification of shortlisted candidates|
|7th September 2019 Saturday||Panel Interview with shortlisted candidates|
|9th September 2019 Monday||Notification of Scholarship Winner|
|16th September 2019 Monday||Scholarship presentation|